Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

Speaking of the Canes, I'm going to see them Sunday!

Living in Charlotte, working five days a week and being a full-time college student (until I graduated this past December) have made it hard for me to make it to the RBC Center. It's a 5-hour round trip, and I don't have many friends who are into hockey enough to make it. I wanted badly to go to one of the Eastern Conference Semifinals games last season, but I couldn't afford it. However, I am going to see a rematch of that series this Sunday when the Canes take on the Bruins!

I'm extremely excited. I admit to never actually having been to a Hurricanes game. The previously mentioned factors have made it difficult, and I have unforgivably not just gone anyway. (Don't judge me too harshly; I do watch almost every game on TV!) But I went to a Stars game over my Christmas vacation and had the time of my life. It made me determined to see a Canes game, because if I loved watching a Dallas team I had no feelings about, I knew I would be in heaven watching my favorite team.

So, I'm off to Raleigh this Sunday to watch the Canes in action. I'll be writing about the experience, so stay tuned for that. Hopefully, it'll turn out the way games 2, 3, 4 and 7 of those Conference Semifinals did.

No comments:

Post a Comment