Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thanks, Bobcats - I was getting worried.

Well, I was getting scared that I had jinxed the Charlotte Bobcats. I called attention to their 6-game winning streak and said to take notice, and they responded by promptly losing their next three games. Whoops, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut (well, fingers still, I guess). But then again, those three games happened to be against teams who all hold playoff spots and are a combined 44 games over .500. So, perhaps it was just bad timing.

I was let off the hook last night when the Bobcats secured their first ever win in Phoenix, beating the Suns 114-109 in overtime. Charlotte has now dispatched Phoenix twice in 10 days, also posting a win at Time Warner Cable Arena on January 16th.

Stephen Jackson was incredible last night, especially down the stretch. He put up 30 points, including 4 three-pointers and really carried Charlotte for a while. He's been a difference maker for the team: they've gone 19-16 since acquiring him, and he's led the team in scoring with over 20 points per game.

So, thanks again, Bobcats. You were starting to make me look bad. How about getting back on one of those winning streaks?

I'm planning on going to the next home game, which will be against Charlotte's former team, the Hornets. Hopefully, it will have a better end result than the last game I attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment